People & Culture
We are excited to work with talented individuals who share our passion to pioneer a unique agri-business in Alberta as we build the first net-zero pea protein processing facility.
our guiding principles
- Community Involvement
What’s the best thing about working at Phyto Organix? We get to be a part of upstarting the plant protein sector and contribute to material economic diversification in Alberta. We are proud to process peas grown by local farmers and to make a meaningful contribution toward global food security.
The Phyto Organix Experience
Join Us and Be Part of Pioneering This Industry in Alberta
Start-up, small company energy
Our start-up culture is energetic, collaborative, innovative and we are driven by the purpose of our work. We value commitment and love to figure things out together as we lean in to challenges in often unchartered territory.
- Opportunity for each team member to make a meaningful impact on the business
- Work with other disciplines to begin to understand all facets of the process and business
- We are a high-performing team and support each other to do our best work
- We take pride in being a small team with a global impact
Expand your skills & expertise. Exceed your own expectations.
- You’ll have the unique opportunity to become a ground floor expert in this newly developing industry
- We’re serious about investing in our people and have an unwavering commitment to training, development, learning and continuous improvement
- Test new methods, take on new projects, expand your technical skills, broaden your experiences
- We’ll grow together as we build our business
Benefits That Benefit You
- Competitive salary
- Paid training and professional development
- Paid vacation
- Active social committee – fun social events and volunteer opportunities
- Health, dental and prescriptions for you and your family
- Life, Disability and Travel Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Respectful, inclusive workplace
Processing facility located in the Town of Strathmore, Alberta
- Small town living with big town amenities
- Community of 14,500 in beautiful Wheatland County
- 50 km (40 min) from downtown Calgary
- Golf course, Recreation facilities, Aquatic Centre,
- Neighbouring with Siksika Nation
Growing to 80 employees
Stay tuned for these upcoming opportunities:
- Trades and Maintenance
- Production Technicians
- Lab and Food Safety
- Research & Development
- Supply Chain
- People & Culture
Land Acknowledgement and Siksika Nation Engagement
We honour all the First Nations, Métis, and Inuit whose footsteps have marked these lands for centuries. We acknowledge that the ancestral and traditional lands on which we gather are Land of the Blackfoot Confederacy and Treaty 7 territory. This is a traditional meeting ground for many Indigenous peoples, and in particular our neighbors, Siksika Nation. Traditional Siksika territory is where we will build our facility, work, live, and play, and where Strathmore resides.
Join Our Talent Community
Connect with us now to join our mailing list and receive occasional updates and job postings.
Co-op/Student/New Grad Programs
Phyto Organix offers a diverse range of opportunities for students looking to gain experience within the food processing sector. We have multiple summer and Co-Op positions across disciplines including food science, engineering, environmental science, and finance.
Our current opportunities are listed below:
We are committed to investing in our community and supporting youth. The Phyto Organix Scholarship was created to support grade twelve students in Strathmore and Siksika Nation with their post-secondary pursuits in Alberta. Phyto Organix will be offering up to five scholarships each year to students entering any agribusiness related discipline at an accredited post-secondary institution. Recipients of the scholarships will need to show a commitment to education and self improvement through volunteer work, sports, or exceptional community contribution.
Grade XII students are invited to apply here:
TASK TO DO – FUTURE LINK
More information coming soon…